Cyber Security is a shared Responsibility!
What is it about?
ECSM is a European Union advocacy campaign supported since 2012 by the DG CONNECT and ENISA, the European Agency for Network and Information Security. Its purpose is to promote cyber security among citizens, to change their perception of cyber-threats and provide up to date security information, through education and good practices sharing.
Becoming an ECSM partner is about spreading the message “Cyber Security is a shared responsibility! STOP-THINK-CONNECT.” You are invited to organize, or participate in activities throughout Europe. The event could be large or small, online or offline, one or many: it is your choice!
Join us! Are you active in NIS? Does your organization reach customers, citizens, employees or communities? Take advantage of your existing events, activities and/or other campaign distribution methods in October to raise awareness.
It’s that simple!
- Check ECSM’s website www.cybersecuritymonth.eu
- Download the ECSM logo from the website to include into your event material, social media networks, website, etc.
- Use ECSM resources
- Register your activity and your logo within the ECSM activities page.
You may also connect directly with the ECSM Luxembourg coordinator for further questions: email@example.com (Tel 2478-4130) or contact the European ECSM coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
ECSM 2016 partnership and topics
For the 2016 edition ECSM is partnering with the European Banking Federation (EBF) and Europol/EC3. The ECSM kick-off will take place in Brussels on Sept 30th at the EBF premises. The following NIS topics are covered throughout the month:
- Security in Banking
- Cyber security
- Cyber safety
- Mobile malware
Cyber Security Month Objectives
The Cyber Security Month aims to:
- generate general awareness about cyber security, which is one of the priorities identified in the EU Cyber Security Strategy;
- generate specific awareness on Network and Information Security (NIS), which is addressed in the proposed NIS Directive;
- promote safer use of the Internet for all users;
- build a strong track record to raise awareness through the ECSM;
- involve relevant stakeholders, increase national media interest through the European and global dimension of the project;
- enhance attention and interest with regard to information security through political and media coordination.
Several events will take place in Luxembourg, don’t miss them: https://securitymadein.lu/fr/tag/ecsm/