This edition will be a 3-days Hackathon and it will be synchronized with another Hackathon in Zurich/Switzerland(hosted by SWITCH.ch) which could expand the possibilities of collaboration.
The aim is to gather various developer groups to collaborate on challenging programming problems in the field of cybersecurity: from information sharing, network/system forensic, data mining challenges, network/computer exploitation or defense. The objective of the Open Source Security Software Hackathon is also to improve the interoperability and exchange between the different security tools. We would like to focus (but not limit) to applicability on the CERT/CSIRT community.
The event will cover projects such as:
- MISP Threat Intelligence Sharing Platform
- TheHive Scalable, Open Source & Free Security Incident Response Platform
- CVE search Common Vulnerabilities & Exposure Web Interface & API
- AIL Analysis Information Leak framework
- MONARC Risk Assesment Method
- Viper Binary analysis and management framework
This list is not exhaustive.
Teams and individuals will be able to propose their own open source projects they wish to work on.
This hackathon is free-of-charge, but there is a no-show fee of 30,- EUR if you register and don’t join us for the hackathon without cancellation.