Team CIRCL organizes the 1st Open Source Security Software Hackathon in parallel to the one in Luxembourg in Tokyo. Language: We will speak English but there will certainly be people able able to translat from and to Japanese ^_^
This 1-day Hackathon is dedicated to Free/Open Source Software in the field of cybersecurity. The aim is to gather various developer groups to collaborate on challenging programming problems in the field of cybersecurity: from information sharing, network/system forensic, data mining challenges, network/computer exploitation or defense. The objective of the Open Source Security Software hackathon is also to improve the interoperability and exchange between the different security tools
The event is free of charge
The event will cover projects such as:
- MISP Threat Intelligence Sharing Platform
- TheHive Scalable, Open Source & Free Security Incident Response Platform
- CVE search Common Vulnerabilities & Exposure Web Interface & API
- AIL Analysis Information Leak framework
- MONARC Risk Assesment Method
- STrelok Application for STIX v2.0 objects management and analysis
Viper Binary analysis and management framework
This list is not exhaustive.
Teams and individuals will be able to propose their own open source projects they wish to work on.
A small note: the two days after the hackathon, there will be a MISP training session.