The fourth conference this year in ALFI’s Leading Edge series will examine the topic of cybersecurity and blockchain.
The ALFI Leading Edge conference series provides expert knowledge on specialist subjects. ALFI Leading Edge presentations are designed to inform and inspire the audience. They offer rare insights into particularly technical issues, focus on state-of-the-art industry practices and best-in-class approaches and deliver only the latest content for a real educational value.
Cybersecurity challenges from a governance perspective
At the Leading Edge event, the cybersecurity challenges that the industry is facing will be discussed from a business governance perspective, identifying relevant issues and concerns that industry players should address.
FinTech and fund governance experts will clarify the responsibilities that banks, management companies, PSFs and their business leaders and governing bodies have regarding cybersecurity, and will provide an overview of best practices and available guidance documents.
Distributed ledger technology in fund distribution
The audience can also expect valuable insights into the impact of the DLT on fund distribution, gain a better understanding of the developments in distributed ledger technology and discuss proposals for Luxembourg.
- 8:00 - Registration & Breakfast
- 8:30 - Welcome and introduction
- 8:45 - Chairperson’s introduction
- Introduction of agenda including defining the objectives of the Cybersecurity Working groups and the SWGs
- 09:00 - Panel: A view from the Regulators on cybersecurity - expectations & concerns
- The existing and upcoming regulatory developments
- What keeps them awake at night in relation to cyber risks
- 09:40 - Panel: Cyber Management
- What is considered good governance and oversight of the boards, executive committees and senior management
- Governance: what are the roles and responsibilities of each party
- Reporting: overview of internal and external reporting and its frequencies
- Risk management regarding the outsourcing of activities
- Cloud technology and related oversight and governance matters
- 10:25 - Refreshment break
- 10:55 - Panel: The impact of Artificial Intelligence on cybersecurity
- Is AI Disruptive or an enabler for cybersecurity?
- Increasing cyber risks due to the AI and other technological developments
- Use of AI in cyber risk management and cybersecurity
- 11:35 - Discussion: How effective are you in reacting against cyber-attacks?
- A cyber-attack case study: what happened before and after?
- Protocols in cyber-event crisis management
- 12:20 - Chairperson’s wrap up
- 12:30 - Lunch
- 14:00 - Chairperson’s introduction
- 14:05 - Standalone presentation: Blockchain in 2019
- What is Blockchain?
- The 2019 hot topics (Libra, Stable coins),
- Digital Custody
- 14:30 - Tokenisation & digital assets custody
- 4 pitches
- 15:10 - Refreshment break
- 15:40 - Panel: Digital custody – just another buzzword?
- What does digital custody mean?
- Are we facing an actual industry transformation?
- 16:30 - Panel discussion with 4 start-ups: Crossing the borders of Blockchain
- Focusing on solutions that are live outside of Luxembourg
- 17:10 - Questions & Answers
- Open discussion between the pitch participants and the conference participants
- 17:30 - Closing vPanel: Winning in a World of Ecosystems. Our Industry in 2025?
- Where will it happen?
- What will the financial industry look like?
- Incumbents versus New Players?
- 18:15 - Chairperson’s wrap up and closing remarks
- 18:20 - Cocktail reception