The European Cyber Security Month (ECSM) celebrates its 5th anniversary. Public and private sector organizations concerned with Network and Information Security are invited to take part in this year’s October program.
Cybersecurity is a shared Responsibility!
The European Cyber Security Month (ECSM) celebrates its 5th anniversary.
Public and private sector organizations concerned with Network and Information Security are invited to take part in this year’s October program.
What is it about?
ECSM is a European Union advocacy campaign supported since 2012 by the DG CONNECT and ENISA, the European Agency for Network and Information Security. Its purpose is to promote cyber security among citizens, to change their perception of cyber-threats and provide up to date security information, through education and good practices sharing.
Becoming an ECSM partner is about spreading the message “Cyber Security is a shared responsibility! STOP-THINK-CONNECT.” You are invited to organize, or participate in activities throughout Europe. The event could be large or small, online or offline, one or many: it is your choice!
Join us! Are you active in cyber security? Does your organization reach customers, citizens, employees or communities? Take advantage of your existing events, activities and/or other campaign distribution methods in October to raise awareness.
It’s that simple!
- Check ECSM’s website www.cybersecuritymonth.eu
- Download the ECSM logo from the website to include into your event material, social media networks, website, etc.
- Use ECSM resources
- Register your activity and your logo within the ECSM activities page.
You may also connect directly with the ECSM Luxembourg coordinator for further questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ECSM 2017 topics
The following NIS topics are covered throughout the month:
- Cybersecurity in the work place
- Governance and privacy challenges
- Cybersecurity at home
- Skills in cybersecurity
Cybersecurity Month Objectives
The Cybersecurity Month aims to:
- generate general awareness about cyber security, which is one of the priorities identified in the EU Cyber Security Strategy;
- generate specific awareness on Network and Information Security (NIS), which is addressed in the proposed NIS Directive;
- promote safer use of the Internet for all users;
- build a strong track record to raise awareness through the ECSM;
- involve relevant stakeholders, increase national media interest through the European and global dimension of the project;
- enhance attention and interest with regard to information security through political and media coordination.
Securitymadein.lu and partners organise events in Luxembourg:
- Official opening of the Cybersecurity Competence Center (C3) on October 12, 2017
- Cybersecurity week Luxembourg
The first edition of a dedicated week to position Luxembourg as a leading European cybersecurity location · 16th to 21st October:
- GDPR : Verbraucherschutz an Dateschutz ginn Hand an Hand · Oct 16 @ 11:00 - Oct 16 @ 14:00
- CONFERENCE ON DATA PROTECTION IN SOCIAL SCIENCE RESEARCH · Oct 17 @ 09:00 - Oct 17 @ 10:00
- Cybersecurity4success - Avancez sain et sauf dans le cyber espace · Oct 17 @ 10:30 - Oct 17 @ 17:00
- Hack.lu · Oct 17 @ 09:00 - Oct 19 @ 17:00
- PwC Cybersecurity Day · Oct 19 @ 09:00 - Oct 19 @ 18:00
- BSides Luxembourg · Oct 20 @ 09:00 - Oct 20 @ 17:00
- SecDevOps Day · Oct 20 @ 09:00 - Oct 20 @ 18:00